Oh. My. Goodness.
This is hands down the best dip I have ever made. No joke. (Sorry, Almond Basil Pesto!)
I’ve been on an apple kick lately, but then again, apples are one of my favorite fruits… :)
I have a feeling this is going to be one of those things I eat everyday for the next 2 weeks, or until I run out of apples. And then I’ll just have to buy more.
I was going to call it Autumn Apple Hummus (or something along those lines), but I just couldn’t bring myself to. ‘Cause it doesn’t taste like hummus at all. Nope! It tastes just like apple pie filling. Hence the name.
Apple Pie Dip
Inspired by edible perspective
- 1.5 cups peeled chopped apples (My apples were teeny-tiny so I used 2)
- 2 TB unsweetened applesauce
- 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas/garbanzo beans (or a 15oz can)
- 2 TB reserved bean liquid
- 1 TB agave nectar or honey
- 2 TB tahini
- 2 TB cashew butter *
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- a pinch of clove
- Combine the peeled + chopped apples, bean liquid, and applesauce in a microwave safe bowl. Cover, and microwave for for 3 min until apples are softish.
- Dump into food processor and process for ~2 min until you have what looks like applesauce.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process for another 5-7 min. It took my food processor a while to break down the chunks, and then I let it run for a even longer to make it smoother.
- Eat with a spoon from the food processor. Wait, is that just me? Never mind. :)
* Other nut butters might work- I have personally tried almond butter, and while it was still good, I preferred the cashew butter … let me know if you try a different kind!
This was so insanely good that I made my mom come over and try a spoonful. It got her full approval!
Me: “I could just eat a bowl of this stuff.”
Mom: “Please don’t. You’ll just give yourself a stomachache.”
I still licked the food processor clean, though. I mean I couldn’t let it go to waste, right?!
I have a feeling I know what the other 4 cups of garbanzo beans I cooked are going to be used for.
Have a terrific day!!